Saturday, January 31, 2009

The Innocence of Childhood

Here's a new one:
I've had a cold for over a week now and am actually beginning to think that it's a sinus infection, but anyhoo... My voice has been scratchy and you know, "coldish" sounding, and my students have been asking, "Are you sick?" Ya, I'm feeling the love.
But yesterday, one of my fourth grade students, a girl, says, "Are you going through puberty?" I think they were all on the edge of their seats waiting for the answer to that one, as puberty is within arms' reach, and wouldn't it be exciting if their very own teacher were going through it!?

To which I respond, "No, I am not going through puberty."

To which she responds, "Oh, because sometimes, when you go through puberty, some people's voices get lower, ya know."

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth, Annie here. I came to your blog through Penny's! The cakes were amazing. I bet you students say all kinds of funny things to you, but that one kind of takes the cake. Ha! Don't you love bloggin!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones