Saturday, January 24, 2009

I Know Why Some Mothers Eat Their Young!



A house full of girls....what a loud, cacophonous joy. Did I spell that right?

Who knew that a 7 1/2 year old and a 4 1/2 year old could bicker so much? I certainly don't remember fighting with my sister at that age! Of course we never fought, mind you. I have to remind myself that it is normal for siblings to bicker and I don't have to solve their problems. So usually I just send them upstairs, and they go on their merry ways and end up playing school or something else happily for an hour. But why does it take me getting close to strangling them to get to that point? Because they are sisters I guess. I can only hope that they will have as good as a relationship as they get older as my sister and I do.


Then there's the baby. What a joy that child is! Just goes about life doing her own thing and only gets mad when, yep, you guessed it, one of her sisters gets in her personal space. Maybe it's because she's our third, maybe it's just her personality, but bitty bee is so easy to enjoy. She's easy to read...you know what she wants. Speaking of reading, the child LOVES books. She can sit and read for hours. By herself, with you....it doesn't matter. Just give her a pile of books.

So, there are animals out in the world who eat their young, and I'm sorry to admit, some moments I understand that, and wish we weren't so evolved. But then, the rest of the moments happen. And life is good.



2 comments:

  1. Ummm, I actually remember us fighting a lot when we were young. Saying "I hate you" and all sorts of stuff! I think that's just what siblings do, but I definitely love you now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO happy to see you have a blog!!! I will be better able to keep up with you....Thanks for the well-wishes!

    ReplyDelete


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones